CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 14, 2009

Breaking Bella and the plagurism drama...

I have been debating about whether I should post about this or not but I have decided that I want to. Someone, I can't remember exactly who it was, plagiarised the story 'Breaking Bella'. Although I would never condone this behaviour, what was almost as bad was the reviews that people left.

I read some of them and even though I wasn't that girl, I was really upset by what some people said. The thing that everyone has to remember is that she has feelings too. She has done something illegal and totally wrong but we don't call her names, making us almost as bad as her. She was in the wrong, don't get me wrong, but anyone who left a review on that story has taken the criticism beyond the point that it needed to be taken to.

It's not our business but everyone saw it as theirs. What would you do if that were you? Now I am sure that none of you would ever do it but put yourself into that position, just for a second. I have been called names on the Internet before (and that was far worst than this, trust me.) but it is never nice. None of you know her so passing such harsh judgements on her is not on.

I don't want to make this feel like I am lecturing and trying to make you all feel bad but I am trying to make you see it from my point of view. I think in this case, things went too far. Anyone who left a review should think about the consequences of their words.

However, plagiarism is serious. It is actually a criminal offence if it is copyrighted but of course fanfiction isn't, which only makes it worst. I am sure that both of the girls involved have sorted it out and I know that it has been removed. But next time it happens, can be behave like adults rather than children. Please? I don't want the fandom to get a bad name.

And remember that this is just my opinion.

0 comments: