CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 29, 2009

The other side of the pond...

I can almost guarantee that before the movie, in November for you guys and a rather cold December for us Brits, barely anyone had heard of Edward Cullen. Twilight would be hidden in bookshops, not on display in the front like it is now and guess what; after having moaned that no-one understood what I was on about for a year and a half, now everyone is talking about it but I hate it.

I was lucky enough to make it to the premiere in London so I got to see first hand how much it had grown in a year. There were hundreds of girls screaming and singing in a bloody freezing Leicester Square but the point I want to make is there were hundreds of us. Where the hell had they all come from???

Part of me was going, they aren’t true fans, jumping on the band wagon etc. whereas the other half was happy that there were other people out there like me!

I suppose my point of this is to highlight to everyone what a difference the movie actually made here (and most probs all over the world too). Now, ‘Alice Cullen woz here’ is written on the wall of the middle staircase in my school and I actually hear people talking about it. Robert Pattinson’s name is now on the lips of every single teenager, well majority of the female population actually and tbh, don’t we all love it.

The movie itself was buff. Yes I did just describe it like that but for good reason. It wasn’t fantastic, lets all please admit that, but it was fist in the mouthly good. The screening I went to on the day it came out was full of screaming girls, who all owwwwed and ahhhhed all the way through, much to the annoyance of the odd guy or two. Seeing the world we had all imagined on the big screen was amazing and if you loved it, you loved it but if you hated it, lower your expectations for the next one so you don’t get disappointed this time.

So our world is growing guys, expanding and reaching more and more people but do you like it??? Ask yourself that…

0 comments: