CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My-Bella

My-Bella's stories were the first I read on ff and I have to say they are amazing. She is one of the best authors on the whole site and if you haven't read her stories, then I cannot recogmend more going to check out her page. But just before you do that, read her interview...

1. Tell us your thoughts and feeling on Breaking Dawn and the movie.
Breaking Dawn...I'm still on the fence with BD, mostly because of the Renesmee thing, but there are parts that I enjoyed a lot. Mostly Rosalie giving Jacob a hard time. I felt like I had more questions than answers at the end, so that was a little odd to feel, but it wasn't a bad book by any means.

The movie - I love the movie. I've had the ability to see many books turned into movies, so I've seen really great ones and really awful ones. I really believe the cast and crew did all they could to make Twilight as close to the book as possible with a limited budget and horrible weather conditions. I believe if you can watch the movie, keeping in mind that you can only turn so much of the written word into visual, there's no reason not to love it. Robert and Kristen did an amazing job, right along with Ashley and everyone else. I named those three in particular because I really felt like they nailed their characters completely.

2. Which team do you belong to- Team Edward or Jacob? Why?
I belong to Team Edward because no matter how badly he screwed up, it was always with the best of intentions for Bella. Jacob wanted what he couldn't have and his only motivation was to get what he wanted. With Edward, every word, every action was meant to better Bella's life in some way. True that he didn't always get it right, but he never stopped trying to make her happy and show her how much he loved her, especially in Breaking Dawn when he put up with that pregnancy.

3. When you start a story, do you have a written plan or just any idea of what you want to happen?
Usually, it's just a one paragraph idea, nothing concrete. I will sometimes make a very rough outline of what I might want to cover in a chapter, but I don't nail myself down at all. I find that if I get too detailed with my outline, I focus so much on forcing myself to follow it,that the story suffers.

4. In your opinion, what makes a story successful?
A successful story is one where the readers care about the characters,whether they love them or hate them. If you are evoking emotion just from someone reading the words on a screen or book page, then you are reaching out to people and truly sharing your characters with them. Once they care,they'll follow those characters wherever the story takes them.

5. Out of the stories you have written, which was the most fun to write? Why?
That's actually a hard one because I have fun with every story, but to pick just one, I would have to go with Life's Little Choices. When I started it, I had this idea in mind of a quick, short story where Emmett and Bella were siblings and I would get to have Emmett say all these great brotherly things,like my best friend did for me. I really didn't think many people would read it because at the time, All Human stories really weren't that popular on Fanfiction. And about ten chapters into it, the reviews started pouring in,raving about the story and asking for more. Getting to have that positive reaction and to know how much the readers loved the way I was writing the characters made it so much fun. And because they were humans doing human things, everyone found something to relate to, whether it was Bella's Twizzlers or Edward's "Tutor-boy" nickname.

6. Are you a multi-chapter or a one-shot author? Why?
I am definitely a multi-chapter writer, and it's because my brain never shuts off. I tend to write two stories at once, so I always have a scene playing out in my head, extending the story by one more chapter and one more chapter after that.

7. What do you think of the reaction of your readers on fanfiction?
I am lucky to have such amazing readers. They give me encouragement to continue writing, they honestly love the characters, and if I mess anything up, they let me know. They are the reason that I've grown as a writer and have become so much more confident with my writing.

8. Is writers block something that effects you? If it does, how do you deal with it?
Oh, God, yes! Writer's block is the worst! It's sort of like when you go to the dentist and they numb your mouth up, and then you try to talk, but it's all garbled. It usually happens to me when I'm spreading myself too thin between work and writing. I've the best way to deal with it is to completely walk away from the story, not just the chapter. I open up a clean word document and start up an entirely new story that has nothing to do with the one I'm working on. Life's Little Choices started because of writer's block on My First Year as a Cullen, and The Awakening was able to be done because of writer's block on Our Little Man. I've also been working on my own characters for a book I hope to get published one day, so they've gotten a lot of attention whenever I've been blocked on OLM.

9. Any tips?
You really have to love writing and to be disciplined to do it. You have to sit yourself down and make time every day to write, even if it's just a single paragraph. You have to train yourself to focus, blocking out everything, and just listen to the story your characters are telling. Never force your writing; if it isn't working out the way you want, try a completely different approach. If your outline isn't working, toss it out. If you're afraid to completely toss it, then make it broader. The biggest tip is to get a support system to help you find your most common mistakes and your weak areas. You'll never get better without that help.

10. What's your favourite fanfiction story?
I am a collector of stories the way another might be a collector of wines.All stories have different tones and flavors and I can never pick just one. My favorite angsty Edward is from "Stop, Drop, and Roll" by Bronzehairedgirl620,my favorite playful Edward is from "Curse of the Smiley" and its sequel "One Year in Heaven's Hell" by Hellopants, and my favorite Edward right out of Twilight is from "Blue Moon over Manka's" by Cullenista. Bella is a harder character for me to find a favorite with because everyone writes her so differently. Either she's too forceful to remind me of Twilight Bella, or she's too shy and clumsy to do it, so I only have two for this one. The Bella that I had hoped would be the version we saw in Breaking Dawn is from "PrimalDesires" by VelvetBloodRoses", and the Bella closest to the one in Twilight is from "Defining Moments,Trivial Moments,&Literary Giants" by Tara'sFolly.

Check out her amazing stories at http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1426362/My-Bella

0 comments: