CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 6, 2009

Reaching into the fandom

There are many authors and readers on fanfiction.net that nobody notices. That's because they sit in the shadows and never really communicate with other people. They may leave a few reviews on their favorite stories, but they never really get noticed. I learned that the only way to get into the fandom is to put yourself out there.

I personally did this a couple of different ways. I started a beta profile, I started up this blog, I organized the TwiFi Awards, and I volunteered to help other people. That last thing is what helped me the most. I just PM writers who were in the middle of a project or contest and asked if they needed any help. Some politely said no, while others hurridely accepted. I am now friends with most of those people I reached out to.

Another big way to connect with people is to talk on fourms. You can find many great friends and laughs on fourms. There are many ways to get into the fandom, all you have to do is reach out.

A shorter post, but it conveyed the message.

Eclipse Quote:
"Yes, may the best man win." - Jacob
"That sounds about right...pup." - Edward
I just like because I'm team Edward and it made me laugh. Find it on pg.341

0 comments: