CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, April 11, 2009

ashel-13

Q: What is the best story you have read on fanfiction?
A: I have two absolute favorite stories that i have read before. The first is by Stormy Bella and is called Relation Or Relationship and is absolutely brilliant. The girl is only in high school and she writes with fantastic vocabulary and knows how to add suspense. My other favorite would have to be vjgm's Boycotts and Barflies. Oooo....i love me that fanfic! It's actually the story i read that inspired me to write my own. The sexual tension in that story is phenomenal!

Q: Do you prefer writing one-shots or multi-chapter stories? Why?
A: I prefer to write multi-chapter stories by far. It gives me more of a chance to let my readers get to know my version of the characters because though all of our characters are based off of Stephenie Meyer's, none of them are alike and that's why we can read the same plot lines over and over againin different stories. I love it...haha.

Q: What did you think about Breaking Dawn?
A: It wasn't what i had expected...that was for sure. I think i had read so many fanfictions about it that i had a different expectation. But i did like it. The first time i read it, I think it was a lot to handle, all thisinformation thrown at me at once, but the second time is 84 times better! Knowing where the story was going, i could sit back and enjoy the ride. I also LOVE Jacob in the story and that his POV was inserted.

Q: Are you team Edward or team Jacob? Why?
A: I am Team Edward all the way. Not saying that i don't like Jacob or that I hate him (I honestly can't see how anyone can hate Jacob. He's so cute and funny!), but i have always been in love with Edward. He is the ideal when it comes to boys. He's perfection as only a fictional character can be...lol. It's as if Stephenie Meyer took all the traits the perfect man would have and rolled them into Edward Cullen. I think that's why so many girls like him...he's the standard by which we can measure every other boy. Is it realistic? No. But is it fun? Absolutely!

Q: What do you think every story needs to attract readers?
A: I think that every story needs to establish a connection between the characters of the story and the readers. Now i realize that most authors would say "a good plot" is essential, but...lol...i think that MLOONAA proved that there really doesn't have to be a plot to have a story people care about.For me, the more i feel about the characters, the more i hurt with them, or love with them, the better the story is. That's one of the reasons i LOVE Relation Or Relationship (the story, News To Me also does that very well).

Q: What is your favorite out of the stories you have written?
A: Without a doubt, Making Love Out Of Nothing At All is my favorite story i've written. There was just something so new and fresh and innocent about it. Yes, there was an unreal amount of sex in it, but i think that in that story Edward and Bella had such a deep love, such a true one, that that waswhere their innocence lay, not in their sexual experience. I loved the sense of humor that so many readers seemed to understand and it was really just some really easy, smutty fluff that we could all laugh together about. It's quite something to write a story that can make so many people just feel better about the day.

Q: Do you have a muse or something that gives you inspiration for your writing?
A: Actually, it's usually the reviewers. The only reason i was able to produce so many chapters all at once was because when i would read reviews and heard about how much people were enjoying it, how they wanted more, i almost felt like i HAD to get back to my computer and just type away and get another chapter out to them as soon as i could. They are the best muse and inspiration i could have.

Q: What do you think about all of the love and support you have received on the site?
A: I was shocked! I couldn't believe how many people gave me support for my stories. Of course there are ones that seem to absolutely despise it, but I suppose everyone gets those, don't they. When i posted my first story, i did it with the thought that it would only be a few chapters long and thinking I'dbe happy if i received 20 reviews. Then suddenly, there i was 8,000 reviews later and i couldn't believe it! I have met so many amazing people and all because of this site!

Q: What is the funniest thing a fan has ever said to you?
A: I think the funniest thing a fan has ever said to me has been the fans that tell me about the amazing sex they've had after reading a chapter...lol. I remember reading one of those and laughing and thinking "oh my god, i can't believe they said that!" Any time someone shares their sexual adventures ifind it hysterical that they feel comfortable enough around me to share...lol. Just recently someone admitted that they masturbated to a chapter and i think i covered my eyes, just laughing. Also i think when people can relate to things and they share their personal experience, it usually makes me laughmore and suddenly i find my chapter all the more funny!

Q: Is there anything else you would like to say?
A: I really just want to thank everyone for the support they have given me from the beginning of my journey here on fanfiction. It's so awesome that there is a site where people can just write what they feel and there's at least one other person out there in the world that thinks, "hey, this is a great story". Really, i think that we authors are just after that one person. We want person whose day we can make and one that feels the same way that we do. Thanks to everyone who has stayed with me and continues to not only read my work, but PM me and take an interest in me as well as the stories i write.

Thank-you ashel-13 for answering all of our questions! We love you and your writing! We hope you'll visit us on the blog again!

Here is the link to here page on fanfiction.net: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1474247/ashel-13

0 comments: