CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Lemons

Okay, so we all know that in the writing world lemon is the codeword for sex. When I was still a newbie in the fanfiction world I couldn't figure out what people meant when they said their stories contained lemons. I was confused; I hadn't read anything about lemons.

When I finally figured out what lemon stood for it made perfect sense. I was actually a little mad at myself for not figuring it out earlier. Then I had to find out why it was called that. It didn't take very long. The term orginated from anime and then slowly drifted into the rest of writing. It is the Japanesse term for sexy.

Okay, now to the orginal point of my post (I loose focus easily). Lemons seem to be appearing all over fanfiction. We obviously enjoy some of them such as You Get Me Closer To God by americnxidiot. But that's beside the point. Many people seem to be writing lemons that aren't very good. While good lemons will make you have to change panties after reading the bad lemons turn you off. It's really sad how the fandom is being polluted with these horrible lemons.
You don't have to have lemons in a story to make it good, so if you can't write lemons don't put them in your story!

Another thing is some stories are all sex! There is no plot! Obviously there a select few authors that have proven to me that a story doesn't need a plot to be good. Because one of the most popular stories on fanfiction has abseloutly no plot. BUT, not many authors have that talent. So I'm begging please, give your story a plot!

Remeber readers love lemons, but there are not mandatory! If you can't write them don't feel like you have to include them!

0 comments: