CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Twilight Frenzy;

Okay, honestly, how many people knew about Twilight before Catherine Hardwicke decided to turn it into a movie?
Not me.
When my best friend first told me about Twilight, I scoffed at a romance book about vampires, even though I was a very big fan of the old show, Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
I thought the idea of a girl moving to a small town, discovering a family of vampires, and just so happening to fall in love with one of them was cheesy.

But then I read it.
And it was amazing.
I immediatley fell in love with Edward, and Bella, and the Cullen's.
This was early on in 2008, before the frenzy.
I can honestly say that I fell in love with the book because of the writing, and because of the romance, and because of the desperation Bella felt for Edward, and vice versa.

I can honestly say that I knew about Twilight before most people did.
And I can honestly say that I didn't fall in love with it because of the movie, or the actors, or any other factor in those arguments.
I used to love Twilight, so much.
I mean, I used to carry it around like it was my own personal bible!

But then everyone started getting into it.
People who knew barely half of the story claimed they loved it, when they were only halfway through the first book.
It just took away from the magic that I felt when I was reading about the two of them.

Everyone was selling their products, and makin gsuch a big deal out of the movie, when it was the book that I fell in love with.
Don't even get me started on the movie.

Most of the people only like Twilight because they thought the actors were hot, or they thought the movie was great, or because their friends told them about it, and just took their word for it.

It gets me kind of angry, because suddenly, half of the nation began to read Twilight.
And while I think it's wonderful that the book got the attention it deserved, too many people didn't love the book because of the story; rather, because they liked the actors for the movie.

And after that, Twilight, the book, losts its magic for me.
And that makes me sad.
What about you?

Are you one of the many people who still really love Twilight?
Or are you like me?

Quote of the Day;
Damn it, Bella! You’ll be the death of me, I swear you will.
-Edward Cullen

0 comments: