CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Best Man

Title: The Best Man
Author: Bratty-Vamp
Rating: M
Reviews: 1,921
Status: In-Progress
Summary: Next-door neighbors home from college, reunited for two weeks of their summer break. Childhood memories and adult hijinks abound. Will a friendly competition strengthen childhood bonds? Or will it help to forge a new relationship between adults? AH/AU

Amber Energi 2009-07-20 . chapter 13
You have been super creative with this fic, great job! I like all of the different stuff that you are having them do and the fun little things that happen while they're doing the events. It hasn't gotten past me that every time they drink Edward and Bella end up getting close to one another at the end of the night, and then they are interrupted. You are teasing us, its cool though. Its fun watching things slowly build up b/ween the two of them.

mllebojangles 2009-07-20 . chapter 13
I just read this whole story over the past couple days ... and I am ADORING it! It's such an interesting twist and it's so ridiculously entertaining ... I'm definitely alerting it and can't wait for updates. Keep up the good work!(Oh, and I should mention - I heard about The Best Man through the lovely ladies of the Twigasm podcast. They rock my world with their humor and the wonderful stories they recommend!)

Momma Hen 2009-06-20 . chapter 1
I am SO glad you turned me onto your new story. I had barely read half way down and was already hooked in. I know you only did that to me cause you know how good i am at reviewing you, lol. Look forward to catching up.

My Personal General Review- I started reading this story quite honestly because I was bored. It caught my eye as I searched for something to wile away the hours of boredom that I was having at home alone in June. Once I had read the first eight chapters or so, I alerted the story and sent her a review raving about it. This story has a totally unique and original plot that I certainly have not read hundreds of other times in the fandom.

Here, Bella and Jasper are the best of friends, who return home from college for two weeks. As well as the two friends being there, Jasper's brother, the one and only Edward Mason returns too. Now, normally I would write something along the lines of 'Que falling head over heels in love with each other' but in this story, that statement does not apply. There is a bitter rivalry between the two of them as they fight to become Jasper's Best Man, hence the premise of the story.

I find the Bella that my Bratty-Vamp portrays here very refreshing to read. She isn't pathetic, she doesn't mop over Edward, she gets down and dirty with the guys AND she appears to have a decent sense of humour. This is the Bella that I want as my friend! Rather than the guys (Tyler, Mike, Eric etc) treating Bella as a breakable doll, they take her in as one of their own. Even Edward lets Bella do some rather risk-ay stuff.

So all in all, it truly is an amazing read. I know I tend to say that a lot but the story that has been created here is one of those that is much loved by everyone who reads it, as the reviews above show. Bratty-Vamp has taken an idea, which she described told me, in an interview of course, that it came from no-where. 'Honestly? The idea just ‘came to me.’ When I was finishing my first story (Abbracciare IlCantante) a lot of friends asked me if I might write another. I said I might… IF an idea came to me. The day after I finished AiC, I woke with the concept for The Best Man in my head. I still said I would not start writing it unless the entire story was more concrete in my mind. Within two days I knew the story from start to finish and already felt I knew the characters I would be writing about. I knew then, that I would have to write it.'

During the aforementioned interview, I also asked what she had learnt during the process of writing 'The Best Man', which she answered simply with- 'I think that I’ve been a little more confident writing my second story. I trust myself a little more now. I’ve learned not to get so down on myself!' Every author in the fandom should grow with confidence as they write and if this story is letting her do this, then hell, carry on writing it!

As you come to the end of my rant, slide your mouse below and click the link. She deserves every bit of praise that she gets. 'The Best Man' needs to be read by everyone on ff so they understand what it takes to write a unique and inspiring story!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5122163/1/The_Best_Man

0 comments: