CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, July 25, 2009

New Moon: The Movie

Unless you have been living in some kind of hold over the past six months, you will have to some degree have heard about 'New Moon: The Movie'. For those who have no idea, I will explain. It is the second installment in the Twilight Saga and is mainly about the whole Bella/Jacob relationship. It is really the first time that readers got to know Jacob Black more than the son of a family friend. Bella goes a tad AWOL and he is the one who brings her back to earth and proves that there is something worth living for. Majority of people loathe Jake with a passion but personally, I feel quite sorry for the guy. Unrequited love sucks and I am talking from experience here. So, guys give him a break.

Well, I didn't start writing this to prevent Jacob bashing but actually to tell you some very exciting news. Now I am not afraid to admit this but I actually heard this on the national radio so lots of other people know as well. However, my news is that, at Comic Con in San Diego this week, they showed scenes from the movie and lots of the cast (R Patz, Taylor, K Stew, Chris Weitz and Ashley Greene) answered some questions. All of it is on YouTube for you to check it out. Now, I appreciate that this is most probably not news to you.

However, I think that even from these two clips, we can tell the higher quality that New Moon will be. There is a lot more hype around the second installment, mainly due to the success of the first film, the books and a higher profile cast. I am not going to go on about Catherine Harwick's work and be mean about it because I did enjoy it, just not as much as I know I could have done. Chris Weitz has a lot of hype to live up to as he has the hopes of millions of teenage girls on his shoulders, not that I want to scare him at all, but there will be a lot (and I mean A LOT) of annoyed fans that he has to answer to if it is not very good. But if his work in the past is anything to live up to then boy are we in for a treat.

As well as a much more renowned director, the cast has improved dramatically. They have added household names to the cast-Micheal Seen, Dakota Flanning and Jamie Campbell Bower- which has only increased the media coverage of it all. All I have to compare it to is when Twilight was released. There was no hype at this point at all. I remember talking to people about it and they had no idea at all about the movie or anything. But now, I so much as mention 'Edward Cullen' and girls scream and gush loads of crap about him. Magazines and radio shows and even TV channels all have had some kind of Twilight related thing in the past six months.

So, as I begin to conclude (mainly because I am babysitting and have to put the child to bed), I leave you with this thought...an optimist is always disappointed but a pessimist is happy surprised.

Oh and guys, feel free to comment. I like to know your thoughts too :)

0 comments: